- Accidental Fire That Scorched 10,000 Acres Of Texas Landscape Nearly Contained
- Isaias created a tornado outbreak as it raced up the East Coast
- Scattered showers, storms likely this afternoon; no severe weather threat in place
- Severe weather to jolt central US through the weekend
- Hurricane forecast: 'One of the most active seasons on record'
Hurricane Harvey certainly isn’t something to commemorate. Its powerful winds — a Category 4 upon impact near Rockport, the strongest Texas hurricane in half a century — demolished beachfront communities, wrecked vacation homes and trailer parks alike, and tossed boats and cars around like confetti. And its unprecedented rainfall, a mind-boggling 51 inches, drowned Houston, an already flood-prone city of more than 2 million, as well as communities up and down Texas’ Gulf Coast. But when the publishing company…Read More