- American Red Cross of Eastern NC volunteers ready as Tropical Storm Ian moves towards U.S.
- TribFest Recap: Can Texas Plan Properly for Droughts and Floods to Come?
- Tropical Storm Ian path shifts west, increasing chance NC sees heavy rain next week
- Florida monitors a growing Tropical Storm Ian in Caribbean
- Florida emergency declared as Tropical Storm Ian strengthens
NEW ORLEANS — There’s a theme lurking under the giant science meeting here along the Mississippi River: Extreme weather really is getting more extreme because of climate change. The human influence on hurricanes and wildfires is increasingly obvious. For years this has been a subject clouded in uncertainties. But now scientists say they have hard numbers. Wednesday morning two independent research teams, one based in the Netherlands and the other in California, reported that the…Read More