- As California wildfires rage, is this the new normal?
- Deadly storms bring torrential rains, hail and tornadoes to large portions of the South
- Severe weather impacts the East Coast
- Two people killed after tornado outbreak hits south
- Today marks the end to an uneventful Atlantic hurricane season for Texas
DICKINSON, TX –
The recent heavy rainfall has posed a flooding threat to some Dickinson homeowners. Early Tuesday morning, water rose around Hughes Rd Elementary School.
Moderate street flooding caused delays for parents dropping children off, but no vehicles stalled. Water began to crept up the driveways of nearby homes but no homes took on water on Tuesday morning. Texas coast residents are now bracing for the possibiity of 5-6 inches of rain on its way from the Tropical Wave now veering toward the Gulf of Mexico.