- Hurricane-damaged Little Bay Primary School in Rockport to become a workforce center
- NHL postpones two additional Carolina Hurricanes games
- Ava Gardner Museum closes due to flood damage
- Hurricanes open with 3-0 win over rebuilding Red Wings
- How Flood Projects Can Do More Than Just Prevent Floods (Jan. 14, 2021)
DICKINSON, TX –
The recent heavy rainfall has posed a flooding threat to some Dickinson homeowners. Early Tuesday morning, water rose around Hughes Rd Elementary School.
Moderate street flooding caused delays for parents dropping children off, but no vehicles stalled. Water began to crept up the driveways of nearby homes but no homes took on water on Tuesday morning. Texas coast residents are now bracing for the possibiity of 5-6 inches of rain on its way from the Tropical Wave now veering toward the Gulf of Mexico.