- As California wildfires rage, is this the new normal?
- Deadly storms bring torrential rains, hail and tornadoes to large portions of the South
- Severe weather impacts the East Coast
- Two people killed after tornado outbreak hits south
- Today marks the end to an uneventful Atlantic hurricane season for Texas
A woman, who said she found a newborn baby in the woods, made up the story and is actually the baby’s mother, according to the Harris County Sheriff.
Eleven students and five staff members from two northwest Houston schools were taken to hospitals on Wednesday. People at KIPP Academy and St. Ambrose Catholic School smelled a strong odor shortly after school started and felt sick.
A priest from Richmond is charged with four counts of indecency with a child in Montgomery County. Two victims claim they were sexually abused by Father Manuel La Rosa-Lopez in the late 1990s and early 2000s.
Mosquitoes are vicious right now, thanks to the recent run of wet weather in southeast Texas. The Galveston County Mosquito Control District received almost 1,000 calls on Monday about the critters. The district usually receives as many as 100 calls each day during the summer months.
New video from NASA shows the incredible power of Hurricane Florence as it barrels toward the U.S. East Coast.