- Saturday marks one year since Hurricane Ian in the Cape Fear
- Fort Mill businesses left with big mess after raw sewage floods Baxter Village building
- Decoding The Intriguing Mechanisms Behind Hurricane Damage
- A World Aflame: The Dire Consequences of Escalating Wildfires
- 'My family was terrified' | Round Rock residents left with extensive damage after hailstorm
HOUSTON, TX – The risk of the tropical low in the Gulf becoming organized near the Yucatan is now down to 60% which is good news for Houston area–but heavy rain is still expected along our coast. The system is now heading a bit more to the south. We’re less concerned about a big wind storm than the chance for more rounds of rain from the system. We need to still monitor this closely for any changes.
Local storms that will persist today off and on and could cause street flooding. A Flash Flood Warning has been extended until 11:30 a.m today for Galveston and SE Harris County. Flooding is going to be a problem from La Porte to Kemah, Webster, San Leon and Texas City.