- Lots of Texans Celebrated the Fourth of July by Accidentally Setting Off Wildfires
- Is your home prepared for hurricane season?
- Sydney floods burden 50,000 around Australia's largest city
- Tropical storm contributes to deadly local 4th of July weekend
- Heavy rains, floods prompt evacuations of Sydney suburbs
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
PENDER COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — A woman in Pender County has become the first confirmed fatality in our area linked to Hurricane Florence.
Pender County Emergency Management Director Tom Collins has confirmed a woman in Hampstead has died.
Collins says a woman had a heart attack this morning.
Emergency crews could not get to her because of downed trees in the road.
Collins says they have a front loader they’re using to clear the roads, but a tree went through the windshield of it.
Crews have suspended operations at this time.
Collins says they’re expecting to initiate a curfew in Pender County starting at 7 p.m.
We’ll have more details as they become available.