- Scientists work to protect national security during hurricane season
- Hurricanes and climate change: What's the connection?
- Fort Bend County announces million-dollar expansion of pump station to help reduce flooding
- New $9 million water pumps in Sugar Land expected to mitigate flooding
- What's the connection between hurricanes and climate change?
Flooding reported in Galveston as heavy rain falls
GALVESTON, Texas – Heavy rain falling Friday in Galveston has led to flooding in parts of the coastal city.
The National Weather Service issued a flash flood warning until 10:30 a.m. for Galveston County, and a flash flood watch is in effect until noon for much of Southeast Texas.
Radar showed several bands of heavy rain moving across Galveston Island.
A video shared by a KPRC2 viewer showed standing water at Shearn-Moody Plaza, at the corner of 25th and New Strand streets.
KPRC2 reporter Taisha Walker tweeted a video of a flooded Broadway Avenue J near 49th Street, as well.
Periods of heavy rain are forecast for much of the day along the coast.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston – All rights reserved.