- Tropical Storm Colin threatens a wet holiday weekend for Carolinas
- BREAKING NEWS: NC 4th of July Festival Events cancelled for Saturday due to Tropical Storm Colin
- Tropical Storm Colin forms on South Carolina coast
- Tropical storm Colin forms near South Carolina coast
- Independence Day Heightens Wildfire Risk
GALVESTON, Texas – Heavy rain falling Friday in Galveston has led to flooding in parts of the coastal city.
The National Weather Service issued a flash flood warning until 10:30 a.m. for Galveston County, and a flash flood watch is in effect until noon for much of Southeast Texas.
Radar showed several bands of heavy rain moving across Galveston Island.
A video shared by a KPRC2 viewer showed standing water at Shearn-Moody Plaza, at the corner of 25th and New Strand streets.
KPRC2 reporter Taisha Walker tweeted a video of a flooded Broadway Avenue J near 49th Street, as well.
Periods of heavy rain are forecast for much of the day along the coast.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston – All rights reserved.