- 35-acre wildfire reported in Bastrop County off of Old Antioch Road
- Pender County wildfire grows to over 2,000 acres, nearing Highway 50
- Pender County wildfire grows to over 1,500 acres, nearing Highway 50
- 2 homes in Frisco catch on fire during severe weather
- DC-10 airtanker stationed in Austin helps fight wildfires
Photo: National Weather Service
Image 1 4
Counties along the coast are under a flash flood watch through noon Friday amid showers and thunderstorms that are expected to produce heavy rainfall.
Areas under the watch, including Brazoria, Galveston, Fort Bend and parts of southeast Harris County, are expected to see 1 to 2 inches of rain, according to the National Weather Service Houston/Galveston Office.
Some of those areas are saturated with rainfall from the last several days, the agency said, and could receive up to 5 inches of rain in places with stronger storms.
Rain and thunderstorms over the Gulf of Mexico picked up overnight and were continuing to develop along the coast Friday morning, according to the National Weather Service Corpus Christi.