- A look at how summer storms create localized damaging winds
- Tornadoes spur injuries, damage in eastern Pennsylvania
- Wisconsin storms bring 3 tornados; 1 man dies in crash
- Tornado watch vs warning: What to do when you see alert messages
- Non-profit group organizing clean-up for home damaged by flooding on Leon Creek
Photo: National Weather Service
Image 1 4
Counties along the coast are under a flash flood watch through noon Friday amid showers and thunderstorms that are expected to produce heavy rainfall.
Areas under the watch, including Brazoria, Galveston, Fort Bend and parts of southeast Harris County, are expected to see 1 to 2 inches of rain, according to the National Weather Service Houston/Galveston Office.
Some of those areas are saturated with rainfall from the last several days, the agency said, and could receive up to 5 inches of rain in places with stronger storms.
Rain and thunderstorms over the Gulf of Mexico picked up overnight and were continuing to develop along the coast Friday morning, according to the National Weather Service Corpus Christi.