- Crews battling wildfire in rural Pender County
- Death Valley route buried in floods, closed for another week
- ‘Smokey Bear’ celebrates 78th birthday as NC wildfire situation remains mostly under control
- Biden surveys flood damage in Kentucky, pledges more US help
- Three large wildfires around Central Texas nearly 100% contained
Employees at Southern States Hyundai of Raleigh activate Quick Dams to help seal doors around the dealership ahead of Hurricane Florence on Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2018. The dealership had already moved its inventory off the lots.