- Sam strengthens into a hurricane, watching two other areas
- Sam strengthens into a hurricane, watching three other areas
- Hurricane Sam expected to rapidly intensify into major hurricane this weekend
- Hurricane Sam forms, too early to determine if it will impact US
- Carolina Hurricanes start training camp with a lot of new faces
As of 7 a.m., Friday, 365,659 people were without power.
VIEW THE OUTAGE MAP BELOW.
Most of the outages are in Beaufort, Carteret, Craven, New Hanover, Pamlico, Pender and Onslow counties near the coast.
WATCH: Useful tips if you lose power/Si no tiene electricidad después de una tormenta
Florence is expected to make landfall Friday morning somewhere between Cape Lookout and Wilmington.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)