- When it floods in Houston, coral reefs pay
- Wildfire at Big Bend National Park is nearly 1,000 acres
- Hurricane Forecasters Predict Another Busy Season - 4 Thoughts
- Flooding From Hurricane Harvey Polluted Coral Reefs More Than 100 Miles Offshore
- A third tornado confirmed from Saturday evening's storms
The first confirmed death was reported in Pender County after the storm made landfall Friday.
According to Pender County Emergency Management Director Tom Collins, a woman in Hampstead has died. Collins told WWAY the woman had a heart attack Friday morning.
Emergency crews were unable to get to her because of a downed tree in the road.
A mother and infant were the second and third confirmed deaths after a tree fell on their Wilmington home as Hurricane Florence made landfall in the Carolinas.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)