- Hurricane season's last gasp? Forecasters tracking tropical disturbance
- Drought, hail and a Thanksgiving staple: extreme weather delivered a hit to cranberry farmers
- UNCW helps collect clothes for people in Honduras impacted by hurricanes
- Hurricanes' Slavin urging people to 'Fill the Stadium' support at-risk children
- Hundreds of thousands at Honduras' shelters after hurricanes
The first confirmed death was reported in Pender County after the storm made landfall Friday.
According to Pender County Emergency Management Director Tom Collins, a woman in Hampstead has died. Collins told WWAY the woman had a heart attack Friday morning.
Emergency crews were unable to get to her because of a downed tree in the road.
A mother and infant were the second and third confirmed deaths after a tree fell on their Wilmington home as Hurricane Florence made landfall in the Carolinas.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)