- Hawaii faces life-threatening flooding after some areas see more than a foot of rain in 48 hours
- Storm sweeps Hawaii, brings threat of ‘catastrophic’ floods
- Timeline: Severe weather threat coming along with front
- Another Hurricane Season In The Books: The Good, Bad, And Ugly Of The Week
- 'We can bounce back from this,' Gov. Roy Cooper visits Pilot Mountain to evaluate wildfire damage
The first confirmed death was reported in Pender County after the storm made landfall Friday.
According to Pender County Emergency Management Director Tom Collins, a woman in Hampstead has died. Collins told WWAY the woman had a heart attack Friday morning.
Emergency crews were unable to get to her because of a downed tree in the road.
A mother and infant were the second and third confirmed deaths after a tree fell on their Wilmington home as Hurricane Florence made landfall in the Carolinas.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)