- Gusty winds fuel wildfires in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado
- Wildfire Potential Continues For Portions Of The State
- Taylor County wildfire prompts evacuations as dry conditions raise risk in West Texas
- Today on Texas Standard: Mesquite Heat fire burns as wildfire conditions intensify
- Cole's OT goal lift Hurricanes past Rangers for Game 1 win
The first confirmed death was reported in Pender County after the storm made landfall Friday.
According to Pender County Emergency Management Director Tom Collins, a woman in Hampstead has died. Collins told WWAY the woman had a heart attack Friday morning.
Emergency crews were unable to get to her because of a downed tree in the road.
A mother and infant were the second and third confirmed deaths after a tree fell on their Wilmington home as Hurricane Florence made landfall in the Carolinas.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)