- After Hurricane Nicholas, thousands still without power in Houston area heading into the weekend
- Weather slows wildfire near California's giant sequoia trees
- Tropical Storm Odette forms off mid-Atlantic coast
- Tropical Storm Odette forms, moving away from Carolina coast
- 'Gotta love Texas': TikTok sparks debate on Whataburger being open during tropical storm
Waves pound NC shore as Hurricane Florence approaches
Hurricane Florence edged closer to the North Carolina coast on Thursday, Sept. 13, 2018, and the storm was whipped up high waves at Kure Beach, 15 miles south of Wilmington, N.C.