- Millions of people under threat from severe weather across South
- Tornadoes, large hail and damaging winds expected in the South today
- Storms could spawn major tornadoes, floods in several states
- Southern U.S. in danger of potential tornado outbreaks while other areas brace for heavy snow
- This day in history: Deadly EF-4 tornado rips through Raleigh, killing 4
Wind whips around at Myrtle Beach pier as Florence hits coast
Wind picked up at Springmaid Pier in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on Friday, September 14, 2018. Hurricane Florence earlier made landfall in North Carolina.