- Ahead of the Atlantic Hurricane Season, here's how to stay prepared and weather aware
- National Hurricane Preparedness Week kicks off
- Tornado warning issued for Orange County, severe thunderstorm watch issued for Triangle
- Above-average hurricane season expected
- Central, eastern NC now under level 2 threat for severe weather
Hurricane Florence, which downgraded to a tropical storm on Friday, has continued to bring rain as it moves through the Carolinas.
The NWS Newport/Morehead City office reported that 25.77 inches of rain has fallen at their Hoffman Remote Operated Weather Station (RAWS).
That rainfall total breaks the old record of 24.06 inches set during Hurricane Floyd in 1999.
Additional rain will continue to fall into next week causing rain totals to only increase.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)