- 'All of that stress came flooding back' | Homeowners fear plans for nearby landfill are back on
- Don't get iced by scammers while trying to score Carolina Hurricanes tickets
- 'We can all tell the story' | Charlotte artists team up to turn Carolina Hurricanes jerseys into visual concept of 'Black Excellence'
- Charlotte artists collaborate to tell the story of 'Black Excellence' through new Carolina Hurricanes jerseys
- Warm, dry week increases wildfire threat for Hill Country
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Area schools are announcing closures for next week with the continued uncertainty in the aftermath of Hurricane Florence.
Brunswick County Schools will be closed from Monday through Friday. According to the Brunswick County School District, safety is their number one priority. They ask that people follow the instructions from Brunswick County officials, including the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office, Brunswick County Government, and Brunswick County Emergency Services. The school district will provide an update when available.
New Hanover County Schools will also be closed for students all week. The district is closed for most staff Monday and Tuesday. After a damage assessment is done, the district says it will announce whether it’s safe for staff to return later in the week.
Cape Fear Community College will remain closed at all campus locations until further notice, due to the regional impact of Hurricane Florence. All events at all CFCC campuses, as well as all athletic events and practices have been canceled. Additional updates will be provided as more information becomes available. In the meantime, everyone is urged to follow the direction of emergency officials regarding public safety and travel after this serious event. CFCC will continue to provide information and updates to local news media outlets, the College’s social media accounts, cfcc.edu and via the CFCC Emergency Information hotline at (877) 799-2322.
UNCW says it will give 72 hours notice of when campus will reopen.