- Widespread downpours continue in Houston area with possibility of severe weather | View forecast
- Houston has a marginal risk of severe weather as heavy downpours move in | Live radar & cameras
- Houston has a marginal risk of severe weather as heavy downpours move in | View forecast
- ‘This Is The Worst Thanksgiving Of My Life’: Arlington Mechanic Watches Shop Crumble During Tornado
- ‘It’s A New Start’: Richardson Couple Moves Into Newly-Built Home 1 Year After Tornado Destroyed House
Many people are hitting the grocery store and the pumps as Hurricane Florence is expected to make landfall near the North Carolina coast by 2 a.m. Friday.
“My office is here to protect North Carolinians from scams and frauds,” said Attorney General Josh Stein in a news release. “That is true all the time – but especially during severe weather. It is against the law to charge an excessive price during a state of emergency. If you see a business taking advantage of this storm, either before or after it hits, please let my office know so we can hold them accountable.”
If you see any hikes in prices on supplies, including gas, you are asked to report it to the North Carolina Department of Justice at (877) 566-7226 or here at the Department of Justice website.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)