- 'Mere coincidence': Brad Panovich explains why the sky is sometimes green before a tornado
- VERIFY: Does the sky turn green before a tornado?
- Carolina Hurricanes restricting ticket sales to solidify home ice advantage
- Texas tornado-surviving teen is new face of TxDOT's 'Click It or Ticket' campaign
- To Stop A Raging Wildfire
Many people are hitting the grocery store and the pumps as Hurricane Florence is expected to make landfall near the North Carolina coast by 2 a.m. Friday.
“My office is here to protect North Carolinians from scams and frauds,” said Attorney General Josh Stein in a news release. “That is true all the time – but especially during severe weather. It is against the law to charge an excessive price during a state of emergency. If you see a business taking advantage of this storm, either before or after it hits, please let my office know so we can hold them accountable.”
If you see any hikes in prices on supplies, including gas, you are asked to report it to the North Carolina Department of Justice at (877) 566-7226 or here at the Department of Justice website.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)