- Hurricane Forecasters Predict Another Busy Season - 4 Thoughts
- Flooding From Hurricane Harvey Polluted Coral Reefs More Than 100 Miles Offshore
- A third tornado confirmed from Saturday evening's storms
- San Antonio area could see severe weather including hail and damaging winds
- A friendship solid as ice: Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Martinook forges special bond with 12-year-old fan with Down syndrome
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — Brunswick County has issued a dawn-to-dusk curfew for unincorporated areas of the county for the foreseeable future as the floodwaters from Hurricane Florence continue to rise around the area.
Emergency Management Director Brian Watts said crews are actively doing rescues around the county.
He says Leland from the Cape Fear River to Town Creek as well as the area from Town Creek to Lockwood Folly are virtually islands as water continues to rise and cut off roads.