- After Hurricane Nicholas, thousands still without power in Houston area heading into the weekend
- Weather slows wildfire near California's giant sequoia trees
- Tropical Storm Odette forms off mid-Atlantic coast
- Tropical Storm Odette forms, moving away from Carolina coast
- 'Gotta love Texas': TikTok sparks debate on Whataburger being open during tropical storm
Cheraw residents prepare for river flooding
The SC town of Cheraw is bracing for widespread flooding after Hurricane Florence dumped torrential rains in North Carolina. The Great Pee Dee River flows from North Carolina through the small town.