- Hurricane Expo held at the Leland Town Cultural Arts Center to prepare the public for another active season
- Flash flood watch expires at midnight, but additional rain possible overnight
- Flash flood watch remains in effect through Friday evening
- 'We always prepare': NC emergency director confident in hurricane readiness before retirement
- Flash flood watch issued as another rainy evening possible
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) —
The aftermath of Florence has left many communities largely underwater.
Luckily, the NC Flood Inundation Mapping and Alert Network has created an amazing piece of software that allows users to hone in on a specific river in their area and see where the water is predicted to flood out to.
In the video above, ABC11’s Big Weather gives you a hands-on demonstration of how to use the program.
To get to the map yourself, you can click here.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)