- A friendship solid as ice: Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Martinook forges special bond with 12-year-old fan with Down syndrome
- Beautiful Sunday evening awaits as central NC dodges severe weather
- 50-acre Bastrop County wildfire 50% contained
- EF-1 tornado confirmed by NWS in Oconee County, South Carolina
- Tornado confirmed near Seneca, South Carolina
Durham, N.C. — The Durham will be hosting a benefit dinner Monday night to help raise money for farm workers and their families in eastern North Carolina who have been displaced due to Hurricane Florence.
The Florence Relief Dinner includes a four-course family-style dinner with drinks from Alley Twenty Six and Ponysaurus Brewing.
Participating chefs include David Alworth of Guglhupf, Gray Brooks of Pizzeria Toro, Teddy Diggs of Coronato Pizza, Aaron Ford of The Durham, Matthew Kelly of Mateo, Phoebe Lawless of Scratch Baking, Ricky Moore of Saltbox Seafood Joint Andrea Reusing of The Durham, Carrie Scleiffer of Alley Twenty Six, Bill Smith of Crooks Corner and Sam Suchoff of The Pig
Tickets are $60 each and can be purchased by calling 919-768-8831.