- Weather slows wildfire near California's giant sequoia trees
- Tropical Storm Odette forms off mid-Atlantic coast
- Tropical Storm Odette forms, moving away from Carolina coast
- 'Gotta love Texas': TikTok sparks debate on Whataburger being open during tropical storm
- California wildfires threaten famous giant sequoia trees
President Donald Trump issued a disaster declaration that covers Beaufort, Brunswick, Carteret, Craven, New Hanover, Onslow, Pamlico and Pender Counties.
That means people living in those areas may be eligible for grants to get temporary housing, money for home repairs, low-cost loans, or funds to cover uninsured property losses.
Anyone in the designated areas can start applying for assistance online at DisasterAssistance.gov or by calling 1-800-462-7585.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)