- Hurricane season's last gasp? Forecasters tracking tropical disturbance
- Drought, hail and a Thanksgiving staple: extreme weather delivered a hit to cranberry farmers
- UNCW helps collect clothes for people in Honduras impacted by hurricanes
- Hurricanes' Slavin urging people to 'Fill the Stadium' support at-risk children
- Hundreds of thousands at Honduras' shelters after hurricanes
President Donald Trump issued a disaster declaration that covers Beaufort, Brunswick, Carteret, Craven, New Hanover, Onslow, Pamlico and Pender Counties.
That means people living in those areas may be eligible for grants to get temporary housing, money for home repairs, low-cost loans, or funds to cover uninsured property losses.
Anyone in the designated areas can start applying for assistance online at DisasterAssistance.gov or by calling 1-800-462-7585.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)