- When it floods in Houston, coral reefs pay
- Wildfire at Big Bend National Park is nearly 1,000 acres
- Hurricane Forecasters Predict Another Busy Season - 4 Thoughts
- Flooding From Hurricane Harvey Polluted Coral Reefs More Than 100 Miles Offshore
- A third tornado confirmed from Saturday evening's storms
President Donald Trump issued a disaster declaration that covers Beaufort, Brunswick, Carteret, Craven, New Hanover, Onslow, Pamlico and Pender Counties.
That means people living in those areas may be eligible for grants to get temporary housing, money for home repairs, low-cost loans, or funds to cover uninsured property losses.
Anyone in the designated areas can start applying for assistance online at DisasterAssistance.gov or by calling 1-800-462-7585.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)