- After Hurricane Nicholas, thousands still without power in Houston area heading into the weekend
- Weather slows wildfire near California's giant sequoia trees
- Tropical Storm Odette forms off mid-Atlantic coast
- Tropical Storm Odette forms, moving away from Carolina coast
- 'Gotta love Texas': TikTok sparks debate on Whataburger being open during tropical storm
NORTH CAROLINA (FOX 46 WJZY) – A North Carolina family evacuated their home with a baby on the way.
The couple headed to Pennsylvania just one day before the mother’s due date. As soon as they got there the contractions started and it was off to the hospital.
“[It was] really scary knowing that we were expecting a baby really any minute, and potentially unable to get to the hospital, or left without electricity for days and days with a newborn,” new mother, Rachel English said.
Neighbors of the family say their house in New Bern looks OK for the new family to bring home their baby girl after the storm. The couple named her Matilda.
— Brien Blakely (@bblakelyFox46) September 16, 2018
For more information on Florence, visit the FOX 46 resource center.