- Houston has a marginal risk of severe weather as heavy downpours move in | Live radar & cameras
- Houston has a marginal risk of severe weather as heavy downpours move in | View forecast
- ‘This Is The Worst Thanksgiving Of My Life’: Arlington Mechanic Watches Shop Crumble During Tornado
- ‘It’s A New Start’: Richardson Couple Moves Into Newly-Built Home 1 Year After Tornado Destroyed House
- Tornado causes damage, injuries in Dallas-area city
NORTH CAROLINA (FOX 46 WJZY) – A North Carolina family evacuated their home with a baby on the way.
The couple headed to Pennsylvania just one day before the mother’s due date. As soon as they got there the contractions started and it was off to the hospital.
“[It was] really scary knowing that we were expecting a baby really any minute, and potentially unable to get to the hospital, or left without electricity for days and days with a newborn,” new mother, Rachel English said.
Neighbors of the family say their house in New Bern looks OK for the new family to bring home their baby girl after the storm. The couple named her Matilda.
— Brien Blakely (@bblakelyFox46) September 16, 2018
For more information on Florence, visit the FOX 46 resource center.