- Widespread downpours continue in Houston area with possibility of severe weather | View forecast
- Houston has a marginal risk of severe weather as heavy downpours move in | Live radar & cameras
- Houston has a marginal risk of severe weather as heavy downpours move in | View forecast
- ‘This Is The Worst Thanksgiving Of My Life’: Arlington Mechanic Watches Shop Crumble During Tornado
- ‘It’s A New Start’: Richardson Couple Moves Into Newly-Built Home 1 Year After Tornado Destroyed House
The NFL Foundation is cutting a check for $1 million to support Hurricane Florence relief efforts.
Commissioner Roger Goodell said the donation will be distributed to various organizations helping those impacted throughout the Carolinas.
“The NFL family sends its support to the individuals, families and communities affected by Hurricane Florence,” Goodell said in a statement. “Natural disasters like this are devastating. As communities in and around the Carolinas recover and rebuild, we hope these funds will provide some measure of relief in the days, weeks and months ahead.”
The NFL’s donation comes after native North Carolinian Michael Jordan announced he was teaming up with the Charlotte Hornets and the NBA to raise funds for relief organizations on the ground in the Carolinas.