- Drought, hail and a Thanksgiving staple: extreme weather delivered a hit to cranberry farmers
- UNCW helps collect clothes for people in Honduras impacted by hurricanes
- Hurricanes' Slavin urging people to 'Fill the Stadium' support at-risk children
- Hundreds of thousands at Honduras' shelters after hurricanes
- Hurricanes' world-class practice facility unveiled
While apologizing for the inconvenience and potential danger to students and staff, Durham Public Schools officials defended the decision to hold classes Monday as flooding from Hurricane Florence intensified across the Triangle.