- Cole's OT goal lift Hurricanes past Rangers for Game 1 win
- After decades of neighborhood flooding, redesigned creek debuts in Charlotte's Hidden Valley
- Biden warns of 'another tough hurricane season' this year
- Firefighters slow growth of massive New Mexico wildfire
- 'Mere coincidence': Brad Panovich explains why the sky is sometimes green before a tornado
WILMINGTON, N.C. (WTVD) —
Hurricane Florence has been lashing the Carolinas since last week.
By Sunday night, the storm dumped more than 23 inches of rain on Wilmington.
In addition to the nearly two feet of rain, Florence brought heavy winds to the area, which knocked down trees and power lines across the city.
Video from Drone11 shows cars trying to navigate through the floodwaters in Castle Hayne.
The NC Flood Inundation Mapping and Alert Network has created an amazing piece of software that allows users to hone in on a specific river in their area and see where the water is predicted to flood out to.
Click here for a demonstration on how to use the site.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)