- Hurricane Forecasters Predict Another Busy Season - 4 Thoughts
- Flooding From Hurricane Harvey Polluted Coral Reefs More Than 100 Miles Offshore
- A third tornado confirmed from Saturday evening's storms
- San Antonio area could see severe weather including hail and damaging winds
- A friendship solid as ice: Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Martinook forges special bond with 12-year-old fan with Down syndrome
WILMINGTON, N.C. (WTVD) —
Hurricane Florence has been lashing the Carolinas since last week.
By Sunday night, the storm dumped more than 23 inches of rain on Wilmington.
In addition to the nearly two feet of rain, Florence brought heavy winds to the area, which knocked down trees and power lines across the city.
Video from Drone11 shows cars trying to navigate through the floodwaters.
The NC Flood Inundation Mapping and Alert Network has created an amazing piece of software that allows users to hone in on a specific river in their area and see where the water is predicted to flood out to.
Click here for a demonstration on how to use the site.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)