- Severe weather impact lingers as cooler temperatures set to arrive
- Severe weather begins to move on, but patches of rain persist in central NC
- Severe weather moves on, but patches of rain persist in central NC
- Ahead of the Atlantic Hurricane Season, here's how to stay prepared and weather aware
- National Hurricane Preparedness Week kicks off
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
HOLDEN BEACH, NC (WWAY) — Power has been restored at Holden Beach, according to a news release from the town Sunday evening.
Earlier, the town said its Maintenance Department had its pumps deployed and the Tri-Beach Fire Department was lending its support with manpower and equipment as well. As a result, the town says the water table has dropped in many places several inches since noon.
“If this continues we should have good news tomorrow morning,” the release said.
The Holden Beach Maintenance Department will be working on the sewer system tomorrow in areas where the water table will allow.
The town says that with the rain finally slacking off it is cautiously optimistic of being able to make even more progress tomorrow.