- Millions of people under threat from severe weather across South
- Tornadoes, large hail and damaging winds expected in the South today
- Storms could spawn major tornadoes, floods in several states
- Southern U.S. in danger of potential tornado outbreaks while other areas brace for heavy snow
- This day in history: Deadly EF-4 tornado rips through Raleigh, killing 4
STEDMAN, N.C. —
Some Los Angeles County firefighters are in North Carolina helping with rescue efforts for Hurricane Florence.
The county fire agency posted video showing its swiftwater rescue team saving a 47-year-old man from his SUV that was nearly submerged in the floodwaters in Cumberland County.
Video shows the firefighters tying their boat to the SUV, pulling the man out through the window and hauling him safely into their boat.
(Copyright ©2018 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)