- Shelters, emergency officials prepare for severe weather this weekend
- 6th tornado confirmed by National Weather Service, survey teams continue work
- Kingwood residents cleaning up after storm damage from tornado
- Live video: Air 11 surveys storm damage following tornados this weekend
- Multiple tornadoes confirmed by National Weather Service survey teams
James Smith, the S.C. Democratic nominee for governor, was released from his National Guard duties on Monday, helping deal with Hurricane Florence, and resumed his campaign.
“It was important to pause the campaign and set politics aside and work together as one South Carolina to keep each other safe,” Smith said in an emailed statement. “It was a privilege to serve again in response to a threat facing our state.”
Smith and Republican nominee Gov. Henry McMaster suspended their campaigns a week ago as the state prepared for then-Hurricane Florence.