- Remembering Raleigh: Saturday marks anniversary of historic, deadly 1988 tornado
- Sunday night brings rain, slight chance of severe weather
- Weekend brings level 1 chance of severe weather
- Widespread downpours continue in Houston area with possibility of severe weather | View forecast
- Houston has a marginal risk of severe weather as heavy downpours move in | Live radar & cameras
James Smith, the S.C. Democratic nominee for governor, was released from his National Guard duties on Monday, helping deal with Hurricane Florence, and resumed his campaign.
“It was important to pause the campaign and set politics aside and work together as one South Carolina to keep each other safe,” Smith said in an emailed statement. “It was a privilege to serve again in response to a threat facing our state.”
Smith and Republican nominee Gov. Henry McMaster suspended their campaigns a week ago as the state prepared for then-Hurricane Florence.