- ‘This Is The Worst Thanksgiving Of My Life’: Arlington Mechanic Watches Shop Crumble During Tornado
- ‘It’s A New Start’: Richardson Couple Moves Into Newly-Built Home 1 Year After Tornado Destroyed House
- Tornado causes damage, injuries in Dallas-area city
- Hurricane season's last gasp? Forecasters tracking tropical disturbance
- Drought, hail and a Thanksgiving staple: extreme weather delivered a hit to cranberry farmers
Sky 5 started in Durham on Hillandale Road at Sprunt Avenue, not far from Interstate 85. There, an overflowing Ellerbe Creek roared across Hillandale Golf Course and down into the street.
In Chapel Hill, receding waters Monday morning were buffeted by the gusty winds from Florence’s rain bands.
At nearby Umstead Park, Bolin Creek had blown its banks, turning a playground into a water park.