- Collision repair shops and roofing companies hit with another big wave of business after Thursday's hail storm
- New Hanover County, Wilmington receive $4.6M for Hurricane Isaias recovery
- Holden Beach awarded $3.8M to renourish beaches damaged by Hurricane Isaias
- Severe weather threat comes to an end Thursday, some scattered showers remain
- Forecast: More severe weather ahead for Friday, upper 70s expected
Sky 5 started in Durham on Hillandale Road at Sprunt Avenue, not far from Interstate 85. There, an overflowing Ellerbe Creek roared across Hillandale Golf Course and down into the street.
In Chapel Hill, receding waters Monday morning were buffeted by the gusty winds from Florence’s rain bands.
At nearby Umstead Park, Bolin Creek had blown its banks, turning a playground into a water park.