- Hawaii faces life-threatening flooding after some areas see more than a foot of rain in 48 hours
- Storm sweeps Hawaii, brings threat of ‘catastrophic’ floods
- Timeline: Severe weather threat coming along with front
- Another Hurricane Season In The Books: The Good, Bad, And Ugly Of The Week
- 'We can bounce back from this,' Gov. Roy Cooper visits Pilot Mountain to evaluate wildfire damage
Hurricane Florence and its remnants have battered North Carolina with wind, rain, massive flooding and destruction over the last few days.
On Monday evening, however, it brought a brief moment of beauty.
Suchita Shah Sata, a hospitalist and internal medicine doctor at Duke University Hospital, captured a picture of a double rainbow at the hospital in Durham. Sata snapped the photo at 6:27 p.m. and posted it on Twitter.
“We all took a minute,” Sata said of other workers at the hospital. “A lot of patients joined in, looking from their windows.”
The Life Flight helicopter has been evacuating patients from battered coastal hospitals to several Duke hospitals around the Triangle, Sata said.