- Damaging winds, localized flooding and isolated tornados possible overnight, early Monday
- WEATHER: Chance of Severe Weather tonight into Monday morning
- WEATHER: Chance of Severe Weather Tonight-Monday AM
- Potential for rain, severe weather overnight Sunday
- Remembering Raleigh: Saturday marks anniversary of historic, deadly 1988 tornado
Hurricane Florence and its remnants have battered North Carolina with wind, rain, massive flooding and destruction over the last few days.
On Monday evening, however, it brought a brief moment of beauty.
Suchita Shah Sata, a hospitalist and internal medicine doctor at Duke University Hospital, captured a picture of a double rainbow at the hospital in Durham. Sata snapped the photo at 6:27 p.m. and posted it on Twitter.
“We all took a minute,” Sata said of other workers at the hospital. “A lot of patients joined in, looking from their windows.”
The Life Flight helicopter has been evacuating patients from battered coastal hospitals to several Duke hospitals around the Triangle, Sata said.