- Collision repair shops and roofing companies hit with another big wave of business after Thursday's hail storm
- New Hanover County, Wilmington receive $4.6M for Hurricane Isaias recovery
- Holden Beach awarded $3.8M to renourish beaches damaged by Hurricane Isaias
- Severe weather threat comes to an end Thursday, some scattered showers remain
- Forecast: More severe weather ahead for Friday, upper 70s expected
Hurricane Florence and its remnants have battered North Carolina with wind, rain, massive flooding and destruction over the last few days.
On Monday evening, however, it brought a brief moment of beauty.
Suchita Shah Sata, a hospitalist and internal medicine doctor at Duke University Hospital, captured a picture of a double rainbow at the hospital in Durham. Sata snapped the photo at 6:27 p.m. and posted it on Twitter.
“We all took a minute,” Sata said of other workers at the hospital. “A lot of patients joined in, looking from their windows.”
The Life Flight helicopter has been evacuating patients from battered coastal hospitals to several Duke hospitals around the Triangle, Sata said.