- After Hurricane Nicholas, thousands still without power in Houston area heading into the weekend
- Weather slows wildfire near California's giant sequoia trees
- Tropical Storm Odette forms off mid-Atlantic coast
- Tropical Storm Odette forms, moving away from Carolina coast
- 'Gotta love Texas': TikTok sparks debate on Whataburger being open during tropical storm
The sun is out–and folks are starting the clean-up process–but officials want residents to remember–flooding threats remain in the wake of Hurricane Florence.
The Northeast Cape Fear River is expected to crest Thursday at 24 point 2 feet.
Leaders expect the most significant flooding the southeastern part of the state has ever seen.