- After Hurricane Nicholas, thousands still without power in Houston area heading into the weekend
- Weather slows wildfire near California's giant sequoia trees
- Tropical Storm Odette forms off mid-Atlantic coast
- Tropical Storm Odette forms, moving away from Carolina coast
- 'Gotta love Texas': TikTok sparks debate on Whataburger being open during tropical storm
.@NCDHHS @SecMandyCohen: Nurses who can volunteer, please step forward. Register with the Red Cross or register with the state if you have a team that is able to serve. Get more details on NCDHHS website.
— NC Emergency Managem (@NCEmergency) September 18, 2018
Individual nurses in North Carolina should register with the Red Cross, according to NCDHHS.
Any teams of nurses who are available to serve are asked to register with the North Carolina Training Exercise Response Management System.
Nurses from outside of North Carolina may only practices as nurses in established healthcare systems or through the American Red Cross due to license restrictions, according to the North Carolina Nurses Association.
Any nurses from out of state may register with their state’s Emergency Management Department for now, NCNA said. North Carolina’s Office of Emergency Medical Services will reach out to other states for resources as needed in the coming months.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)