- Rest Easy, Gulf Coast: Hurricane Season’s Pretty Much Over
- The 2021 hurricane season alphabet could be completed this week
- Hurricane Sam will pump larger waves, rip currents along NC coast late week
- Active tropics include Category 4 Hurricane Sam, 3 other systems that could get names soon
- Sam, a powerful Category 4 hurricane in the Atlantic
CHARLOTTE, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) – Target has committed up to $1.5 million to help communities after Florence struck North Carolina and South Carolina, causing catastrophic floods and leaving thousands of homes destroyed and families displaced.
Target said $1 million of their donation wil go to non-profit organizations, including Team Rubicon for disaster cleanup and recovery, GlobalGiving in support of various local nonprofits, and more as they access the need of the communities in the coming days.
As recovery efforts continue, Target said they’re working closely with relief partners in the area to understand how they can continue to help. Over the weekend, Target provided an initial $15,000 in gift cards to stores to give to the community based on needs.
In addition to their donations, Target team members also have the opportunity to donate to Target’s Team Member Giving Fund, which provides assistance to their fellow team members facing hardship after natural disasters like Hurricane Florence. Target is matching all donations they make through Sept. 30, 2018, up to $500,000.