- Millions of people under threat from severe weather across South
- Tornadoes, large hail and damaging winds expected in the South today
- Storms could spawn major tornadoes, floods in several states
- Southern U.S. in danger of potential tornado outbreaks while other areas brace for heavy snow
- This day in history: Deadly EF-4 tornado rips through Raleigh, killing 4
Florence kills 3.4 million chickens and turkeys, 5,500 pigs in NC
So far 3.4 million chickens and turkeys, and 5,500 hogs are dead in North Carolina from Hurricane Florence wind and floods. The numbers are expected to increase this week. The livestock death toll doubles that of Hurricane Matthew in 2016.