- Death Valley route buried in floods, closed for another week
- ‘Smokey Bear’ celebrates 78th birthday as NC wildfire situation remains mostly under control
- Biden surveys flood damage in Kentucky, pledges more US help
- Three large wildfires around Central Texas nearly 100% contained
- FORECAST: Scattered downpours, flash flood threat
Wilmington Police identified the woman killed—along with her 8 month old child—during Hurricane Florence.
They say 41-year-old Lesha Johnson and her baby died when a large tree fell on their Mercer Avenue home.
Her husband—48-year-old Adam Johnson—was injured and is in the hospital in fair condition.