- NOAA predicts “above normal” 2022 Atlantic hurricane season
- EF0 tornado confirmed in Chester County on Monday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Chester County
- Three families killed in the 1997 Jarrell tornado are buried together in Georgetown
- Stormy repeat: NOAA predicts busy Atlantic hurricane season
Durham, N.C. — A business owner in Durham is helping donate boats to help with water rescues in Eastern North Carolina.
Branden Patrick owns NC Marine, a boat dealer.
He asked Missouri-based manufacturer Lowes Boats if the company could provide some loaners for fire departments in flooded areas.
Instead, Lowes Boats sent five new boats with motors and trailers and are letting the rescue crews keep them. The inventory is worth about $55,000.
“When you have stuff like this come through, it’s your one shot as a person to really reach out and be a blessing to somebody and make a change,” Patrick said.
“That’s what I look at is as, an opportunity, a chance to share God’s love and just help in any way I possibly can,” he continued.