- Rest Easy, Gulf Coast: Hurricane Season’s Pretty Much Over
- The 2021 hurricane season alphabet could be completed this week
- Hurricane Sam will pump larger waves, rip currents along NC coast late week
- Active tropics include Category 4 Hurricane Sam, 3 other systems that could get names soon
- Sam, a powerful Category 4 hurricane in the Atlantic
ASHEBORO, N.C. (WTVD) —
Days of stress and uncertainty followed the slow march of Florence and its remnants across southeastern counties of North Carolina.
But if you’re displaced by the storm, you can go to the North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro for free this week.
That free admission offered by the zoo, for up to a party of six, is just for Hurricane Florence evacuees in the Carolinas.
You must be able to prove you live in an evacuation area to get in at no charge.
Those who have that proof can take advantage of the opportunity this week during the zoo’s regular hours of operation, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)