- Rest Easy, Gulf Coast: Hurricane Season’s Pretty Much Over
- The 2021 hurricane season alphabet could be completed this week
- Hurricane Sam will pump larger waves, rip currents along NC coast late week
- Active tropics include Category 4 Hurricane Sam, 3 other systems that could get names soon
- Sam, a powerful Category 4 hurricane in the Atlantic
The historic site sits in downtown New Bern, which was battered by Florence’s high winds and flooding. Initial damage assessments from Florence, according to the city, total $100 million for both residential and commercial properties.