- Severe weather impact lingers as cooler temperatures set to arrive
- Severe weather begins to move on, but patches of rain persist in central NC
- Severe weather moves on, but patches of rain persist in central NC
- Ahead of the Atlantic Hurricane Season, here's how to stay prepared and weather aware
- National Hurricane Preparedness Week kicks off
CHARLOTTE, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) – IKEA is collecting donations for victims of Hurricane Florence this weekend.
The store will be gathering personal care and toiletry items such as deodorant, body wash, soap, razors, shaving cream, and other toiletries that are in great demand, as well as donations of their iconic blue bags, which they will give away in addition to 10,000 bags they have already promised to the United Way of NC.
The collection drive will be held this Saturday, Sept. 29 and Sunday, Sept. 30 to aid the flood relief efforts in eastern NC and SC.
United Way of NC Director of Education and Member Engagement Anita Barker reached out to IKEA Charlotte last week, asking for the bags to be donated so that their organization had something to use for distribution of disaster relief supplies throughout eastern North and South Carolina.
The collection area will be set up in the lobby of the store, located at 8300 Ikea Blvd in Charlotte.
IKEA will then ship half of the bags and toiletries to a hurricane relief distribution center in NC and the other half to a center in SC.