- NOAA predicts “above normal” 2022 Atlantic hurricane season
- EF0 tornado confirmed in Chester County on Monday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Chester County
- Three families killed in the 1997 Jarrell tornado are buried together in Georgetown
- Stormy repeat: NOAA predicts busy Atlantic hurricane season
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Strong winds and flooding rains from Hurricane Florence has left behind significant damage across much of the Cape Fear. Oakdale Cemetery in Wilmington says the storm has forever changed the landscape.
According to a Facebook post, the cemetery sustained major damage. The cemetery says more than 200 trees were damage and more than 100 trees will need to be removed.
Cemetery will be closed to traffic until October 6 so tree crews can continue cleanup.