- Hurricane Expo held at the Leland Town Cultural Arts Center to prepare the public for another active season
- Flash flood watch expires at midnight, but additional rain possible overnight
- Flash flood watch remains in effect through Friday evening
- 'We always prepare': NC emergency director confident in hurricane readiness before retirement
- Flash flood watch issued as another rainy evening possible
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Strong winds and flooding rains from Hurricane Florence has left behind significant damage across much of the Cape Fear. Oakdale Cemetery in Wilmington says the storm has forever changed the landscape.
According to a Facebook post, the cemetery sustained major damage. The cemetery says more than 200 trees were damage and more than 100 trees will need to be removed.
Cemetery will be closed to traffic until October 6 so tree crews can continue cleanup.