- Weather slows wildfire near California's giant sequoia trees
- Tropical Storm Odette forms off mid-Atlantic coast
- Tropical Storm Odette forms, moving away from Carolina coast
- 'Gotta love Texas': TikTok sparks debate on Whataburger being open during tropical storm
- California wildfires threaten famous giant sequoia trees
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
State officials say an 85-year-old man died Tuesday in New Hanover County. He was clearing storm debris from his home when he received a cut and his wound became infected.
Gov. Roy Cooper says the majority of deaths related to the storm have involved vehicles getting caught in floodwaters, but deaths related to storm clean-up have been reported over the past few days.
State officials say homeowners should wear gloves and proper protective clothing while doing storm clean-up work and wash any cuts or scrapes thoroughly to prevent infection.
Governor Cooper says drivers should still be alert for high water even as rivers recede and more roads open.