- Shelters, emergency officials prepare for severe weather this weekend
- 6th tornado confirmed by National Weather Service, survey teams continue work
- Kingwood residents cleaning up after storm damage from tornado
- Live video: Air 11 surveys storm damage following tornados this weekend
- Multiple tornadoes confirmed by National Weather Service survey teams
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
State officials say an 85-year-old man died Tuesday in New Hanover County. He was clearing storm debris from his home when he received a cut and his wound became infected.
Gov. Roy Cooper says the majority of deaths related to the storm have involved vehicles getting caught in floodwaters, but deaths related to storm clean-up have been reported over the past few days.
State officials say homeowners should wear gloves and proper protective clothing while doing storm clean-up work and wash any cuts or scrapes thoroughly to prevent infection.
Governor Cooper says drivers should still be alert for high water even as rivers recede and more roads open.