- Rest Easy, Gulf Coast: Hurricane Season’s Pretty Much Over
- The 2021 hurricane season alphabet could be completed this week
- Hurricane Sam will pump larger waves, rip currents along NC coast late week
- Active tropics include Category 4 Hurricane Sam, 3 other systems that could get names soon
- Sam, a powerful Category 4 hurricane in the Atlantic
Ivanka Trump, the daughter of President Donald Trump and a senior adviser to him, will visit North Carolina on Wednesday, according to the White House.
She is scheduled to visit Mooresville for two events and then travel to eastern North Carolina to see how the region is recovering from Hurricane Florence and thank volunteers.
Trump will meet with NASCAR drivers and officials at the NASCAR Technical Institute in Mooresville. The institute, which opened in 2002, “combines a complete automotive technology program with NASCAR-specific motorsports training.” Trump’s visit is part of the administration’s push for vocational and skills training.
Ivanka Trump will then meet with members of the Mooresville Fire Department search-and-rescue team, which conducted rescue missions in eastern North Carolina during Hurricane Florence, the devastating storm that hit the state in mid-September.
Later, Trump will see the devastation and recovery up close. She will visit a disaster recovery zone in the eastern part of the state.