- A friendship solid as ice: Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Martinook forges special bond with 12-year-old fan with Down syndrome
- Beautiful Sunday evening awaits as central NC dodges severe weather
- 50-acre Bastrop County wildfire 50% contained
- EF-1 tornado confirmed by NWS in Oconee County, South Carolina
- Tornado confirmed near Seneca, South Carolina
Satellite images show extent of Neuse River flooding in Goldsboro, NC
USGS/NASA Landsat 8 images illustrate the intense flooding that developed around Goldsboro, NC when record-breaking rainfall from Hurricane Florence caused the Neuse River to overtop its banks and crest at 27.6 feet Sept. 18, 2018.