- Hurricane Forecasters Predict Another Busy Season - 4 Thoughts
- Flooding From Hurricane Harvey Polluted Coral Reefs More Than 100 Miles Offshore
- A third tornado confirmed from Saturday evening's storms
- San Antonio area could see severe weather including hail and damaging winds
- A friendship solid as ice: Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Martinook forges special bond with 12-year-old fan with Down syndrome
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — Students in Brunswick County will be heading back to school Monday following weeks of being off because of Hurricane Florence.
The Brunswick County Schools School Board at Tuesday’s Board of Education meeting approved six make up days that were previously either required/non-required workdays or an early release day.
For traditional calendar schools, the following dates are now full days for students and staff:
- October 29
- December 21
- January 3 and 4
- February 18
- March 18
Schools Spokesman Daniel Seamans says, “these six days will help provide that valuable time our students have missed due to Hurricane Florence.”