- Rest Easy, Gulf Coast: Hurricane Season’s Pretty Much Over
- The 2021 hurricane season alphabet could be completed this week
- Hurricane Sam will pump larger waves, rip currents along NC coast late week
- Active tropics include Category 4 Hurricane Sam, 3 other systems that could get names soon
- Sam, a powerful Category 4 hurricane in the Atlantic
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) — Clemson’s men’s basketball team is heading to one of the areas hit hardest by Hurricane Florence to raise money for those impacted by the storm.
The Tigers will play a benefit game at UNC Wilmington on Oct. 27. Part of the net proceeds from the event will go to UNC Wilmington’s Campus Emergency Fund for Student Hurricane Relief.
Florence, the one-time Category 4 storm, made landfall near Wilmington, North Carolina, and caused significant wind and flood damage.
The storm is blamed for the death of at least 50 people with 39 of those in North Carolina.
Clemson coach Brad Brownell has also been an assistant and head coach UNC Wilmington. He hopes the game can be a “small part of the healing process” for people in Wilmington.