- Crews battling wildfire in rural Pender County
- Death Valley route buried in floods, closed for another week
- ‘Smokey Bear’ celebrates 78th birthday as NC wildfire situation remains mostly under control
- Biden surveys flood damage in Kentucky, pledges more US help
- Three large wildfires around Central Texas nearly 100% contained
Governor Cooper is expected to sign two hurricane relief bills.
One includes $50 million inemergency funds so federal aid can start flowing to those in need.
It also eases some elections deadlines for the 28 counties declared disaster areas.