- California wildfires threaten famous giant sequoia trees
- Future of Lake Tahoe clarity in question as wildfires worsen
- CPS Energy workers travel to Houston to help with Hurricane Nicholas recovery
- Beware of this CenterPoint Energy scam after Hurricane Nicholas
- Retired Carolina Hurricanes player participates in Make-A-Wish fundraiser
Governor Cooper is expected to sign two hurricane relief bills.
One includes $50 million inemergency funds so federal aid can start flowing to those in need.
It also eases some elections deadlines for the 28 counties declared disaster areas.