- After Hurricane Nicholas, thousands still without power in Houston area heading into the weekend
- Weather slows wildfire near California's giant sequoia trees
- Tropical Storm Odette forms off mid-Atlantic coast
- Tropical Storm Odette forms, moving away from Carolina coast
- 'Gotta love Texas': TikTok sparks debate on Whataburger being open during tropical storm
Floodwater from Hurricane Florence has persisted in the town of Conway, S.C. The Waccamaw River was three feet above its previous flood record set by Hurricane Matthew in 2016, and is expected to rise another foot, cresting at 22 feet.