- Rest Easy, Gulf Coast: Hurricane Season’s Pretty Much Over
- The 2021 hurricane season alphabet could be completed this week
- Hurricane Sam will pump larger waves, rip currents along NC coast late week
- Active tropics include Category 4 Hurricane Sam, 3 other systems that could get names soon
- Sam, a powerful Category 4 hurricane in the Atlantic
At least two funds have been set up to help the seven Florence County officers shot while serving a warrant on Wednesday.
Florence police officer Terrence Carraway, a 30-year veteran of the force, died. Six other officers and sheriff’s deputies were injured in the shooting, which happened at a Florence County home when officers tried to serve an arrest warrant.
A memorial fund has been set up for Carraway, who left behind a wife and three adult children, according to the GoFundMe page. All of the funds raised will go to Carraway’s family.
A second fund has been set up to provide aid to the six wounded officers in their recovery. All of the funds raised will be divided among the injured officers to support their recovery process, according to the GoFundMe page.
Both of these fund raisers have been endorsed by the S.C. Law Enforcement Officers Association, the S.C. Police Chiefs Association and the S.C. Law Enforcement Assistance Program.