- Rest Easy, Gulf Coast: Hurricane Season’s Pretty Much Over
- The 2021 hurricane season alphabet could be completed this week
- Hurricane Sam will pump larger waves, rip currents along NC coast late week
- Active tropics include Category 4 Hurricane Sam, 3 other systems that could get names soon
- Sam, a powerful Category 4 hurricane in the Atlantic
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — There is an unexpected side affect of Hurricane Florence and it isn’t a good one.
As flood waters recede, termite colonies can be disturbed and cause even more damage.
The North Carolina Pest Management Association is urging you to be aware of potential pest hazards.
A professor from NC State says what you should look out for are areas where flooding eroded soil away from your foundation or where it piled soil and debris against your house.
Termite infestations often go undetected if there is damage to a structure.
Consult a specialist if you suspect damage.