- Hurricane Expo held at the Leland Town Cultural Arts Center to prepare the public for another active season
- Flash flood watch expires at midnight, but additional rain possible overnight
- Flash flood watch remains in effect through Friday evening
- 'We always prepare': NC emergency director confident in hurricane readiness before retirement
- Flash flood watch issued as another rainy evening possible
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — There is an unexpected side affect of Hurricane Florence and it isn’t a good one.
As flood waters recede, termite colonies can be disturbed and cause even more damage.
The North Carolina Pest Management Association is urging you to be aware of potential pest hazards.
A professor from NC State says what you should look out for are areas where flooding eroded soil away from your foundation or where it piled soil and debris against your house.
Termite infestations often go undetected if there is damage to a structure.
Consult a specialist if you suspect damage.